1868

​​
Property is acquired for a cemetery

1869

​​
Original St. Ann's Church is dedicated

1878

​​
Second St. Ann's Church is constructed

1905

​​
Second St. Ann's Church is dedicated and rectory is built

1907

​​
St. Ann's is incorporated

1908

​​
St. Ann's Hall is built

1913

​​
St. Ann's Church destroyed by fire and rebuilt within the year

1944

​​
St. Ann's celebrates Diamond Jubilee and outdoor shrine is built

1945

​​
Rev. Father J.W. Hughes dies; Rev. Father James Dunnigan holds his first service

1947

​​
Chimes valued at $1500 installed, a gift of E. McCahn

1949

​​
Fire truck given to the Holy Name Society by Charles Kruse brought to Sawkill

1950

​​
Fire starting in the basement causes about $3,000 worth of damage

1953

​​
Rev. Father Dunnigan suffers a heart attack while serving mass

1956

​​
St. Ann's receives new altar; large group of children from Sawkill and Ruby confirmed; Catholic Veterans' hold old-fashioned square dance at the hall

1960

Rev. Father Dunnigan dies

​1961

St. Ann's becomes mission church to St. Catherine Laboure

1963

​​Rectory and church hall torn down

1969

100th anniversary of St. Ann's Church dedication celebrated with outdoor mass

​1969 to 1975

Church of St. Ann's falls into disrepair

1978

Organized effort undertaken to repair the church and became know as "Committee to Save St. Ann's"

1978 to Present

"​​The Friends of St. Ann's" continue to keep St. Ann's Church a vital part of the community
Timeline of the History of St. Ann's Church and Cemetery
 

​© 2018 The Friends of St. Ann's Church